Lat week I won a raffle prize and not a crocheted loo roll cover either... this week ...
Well what can I say… “I’d like to thank my Mum for inspiring me to make crafty things, my Dad for encouraging me to listen to music & check out gigs, my bestest buddies for rocking up to some splendid events with me, my vintage friends for opening up a whole new world of parties & gorgeous styling and of course Mr Fabulous for being a great party companion. He he.
I feel extremely honored to have received my 1st award, thank you thank you Carrad (check out a great blog) – must find out your real name. Thank you though sweetheart xxxx
So now I have to write 7 things about me – lets see if I can put you to sleep by No.4 ha ha! I’m
going for things I love the most…. Apart from blogging which is just too addictive.
1. Well possibly my greatest love of all (excluding humans) is music, it can completely change my outlook on a day. I have been lucky enough to go to gigs from Muse to Elton John, Public Enemy to Amy Winehouse. My love is eclectic with a guilty pleasures streak (Brian Adams I love youuuuuu). 80’s music was what I grew up with. I’m extremely proud to boast my 1st single (7” vinyl) was David Bowie – Let’s Dance. Still have it, still love it. 1st Album Adam Friend or Foe. Ooooh another huge crush – possibly my 1st love. I had a huge poster (this is the actual one below) of him over my bed that I would kiss goodnight ha ha – I clearly read too many Jackie magazines & thought that’s what girls did!!
Anyway just found out he’s playing at Latitude – and I just happen to have a ticket. Heavenly – I’m sure he’s still hot!!
This is us - not at all flattering ut cheeeeeesetastic on a Guilty Pleasures Night at Coco Camden - totally awesome night!! (she's gonna kill me for this one he he)
3. I love going to car boot sales, they are my new charity shop for great low cost finds. I buy lots of vintage bits & bobs for my business. Sadly old beads, buttons & brooches are becoming harder to find though. My best charity shop find was a brand new Missoni
rainbow scarf ( naff photo below) for £3 – I squealed like a small child let loose in a sweet shop.Oooh I love this Tretchikoff too that I got from a charity shop for £5 Kitschly colourful. Mr Fabulous hates it, makes it all the better ha ha.
4. I love to dance – to camp disco, pop, rock, garage, drum & bass whatever, I just make it up as I go along. Girls nights out are the best for this I find. At Playfest a brand new local music fest we packed the boys off home & we bounced around like nutters and pogoed for England non stop for an hour to the awesome Grooverider ooooooh I ached the next day ha ha – what an unfit old giffer I am!!
5. I’m a complete yoga lover, it’s helped me de-stress, relax, sleep, undo knots in my shoulder from too many years in front of a computer, improved my posture & introduced me to some fabulous friends who I love with all my heart. I get grouchy if I don’t get at least one class a week in. I have a strange (quite possibly sad) wish to do some sun salutations in front of the Angkor Wat temples as the sun rises. Oh dear, must stay off the herb teas!!!
This would have been Linda & I if we had met as children, I love this photo. I think I took it fromThe Bottom of the Ironing Basket a gorgeous inspiring happy blog.
7. I have a childish sense of humour, hence using the word fart. I giggle at things that no one else finds very funny but apparently I have an infectious laugh & they usually end up joining me. That’s the point when tears are running down our cheeks & it’s more ridiculous when they admit that they are laughing at absolutely nothing at all!!