Background

Wednesday 5 May 2010

For the bank holiday weekend I had a jolly jaunt to Holland. Saturday was spent in Leiden sipping ice cold beers in the sun on a barge bar! It was so nice I could sit there without a coat - hurrah!! Sadly the rest of the weekend was rain, rain and more rain.
Whilst exploring the pretty cobbled streets of Amsterdam's 9 Streets taking in the incredible architecture and fabulous boutique shops and cute cafe bars I spotted this dress display. I guess it was a wedding designer's studio.

I was saved from spending a fortune as most of the shops were closed. This meant more Euros for beers, although sadly drunk inside this time!


All in all I had a great lazy weekend of a little couture, a little culture. De Bijenkorf Department store has a fabulous new cafe / bar & restaurant area with stacks of the latest fashion & decor & lifestyle magazines which we poured over whilst sipping smoothies and mint tea - it was 11am, hence the no wine sipping!All in all I had a great lazy weekend of a little couture, a little culture. De Bijenkorf Department store has a fabulous new cafe / bar & restaurant area with stacks of the latest fashion & decor & lifestyle magazines which we poured over whilst sipping smoothies and mint tea - it was 11am, hence the no wine sipping!

We popped into Casablanca for a cheeky G&T, sadly we missed the magic show that was on in the very cute but tiny theatre upstairs. We were more than compensated by the incredible escargot in amazing garlic butter, lobster bisque, gambas in more garlic heaven yuuuum. It's a fabulous bar with a circus theme, friendly people, good music, amazing food & entertainment too!

Now I'm back in Norfolk I need to undo all the drinking & eating, so it's a sad detox & exercise time boo.

The image below was a rather nice looking shop - lucky for me they were closed but I swear I heard my bank manager gasp a sigh of relief! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx