Background

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Passionate about Recycling

Well I have been recycling things for my little business for a few years now and don't like to waste a thing - it the horder gene that I've inherited from my Gran!! And I've always loved a bargain & something unusual, so charity shops have been another love story. I recently bought a real Stetsun for £8 which I put on when I'm feeling sad & dance around my house listening to Dolly Parton and Cher -Just Like Jesse James and laugh until i feel dizzy. Yep it's my guilty pleasure moments that I should keep to myself!!!
Anyway, I digress. I had been watching Mary Queen of Charity Shops - which I should hae mentioned before... sorry! It's a fabulous programme. if you can watch it again, it was on BBC2 9pm. It raised the point that not enough people donate of buy from charity shops & some that do give very nasty things that the local tip would rather reject. Gross!
We can all make changes by living a cleaner more eco friendly life and by thinking that every piece recycled does make a difference, and giving to charity shops (only resaleable things though!) helps the charity, the world - and makes you feel good!
Or the next best thing, is to sell at a car boot sale, have a clothes swapping party with friends, or ebay to get some cash but still doing the recycling thing... x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire

    Kept meaning to catch up with you. It was great having time to talk to you and your mum at Woobridge. The pair of you are inspirational. Do you want me to link your blog on mine to get people over here. If not just leave a few comments around and people will find you here. Be good if we meet up again in September.

    Lisax

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx