Background

Saturday 30 April 2011

Have I bored you enough yet?!!


My last minute garden party ended up in the house! booooh. Bit too windy and not that warm sadly especially since I put out lots of homemade bunting and I'd spent hours tidying up the garden ready for summer BBQ's.
Anyway it was fun. We all dressed in red white & blue and drank champagne & Pimms (not together, that sounds too dangerous!).

We had cupcakes, sausages & cheese on sticks. I never got around to making scones or the Victoria sponge. And for the second weekend running all 50 cocktail sausage rolls were polished off!!

In between the boozey bits we drank countless cups of tea in true British tea party tradition! Yep it was the posh stuff!! Darjeeling, champagne truffle, Earl Grey... all in my v best vintage china ha ha.
The down side is that I shall be eating cupcakes and trifle all weekend!! - anyone fancy a food package?? xx


9 comments:

  1. Shame about the weather but the food, the display and you lot all look lovely! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always seem to be havng so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you had plenty of fun (and cakes!) We did the same with Pimms and cupcakes and I wore my 20's vintage-style dress. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely. I just watched it on tele, so disorganised! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire Dear,
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Your party looked like a lot of fun. If it wasn't such a damn long swim, I'd have certainly invited myself. The food looks lovely.

    Have a great weekend!

    Love,

    SB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Claire loving the hair its really grown ... so long since I saw you... I spent the wedding with the loose women, we started on the bubbles at 10.30 sung a rousing chorus of jerusalem with the royal wedding guests LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really lovely and the food...yum!
    Have just found you Claire, you have a lovely blog :))
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't tea drank out of proper china cups taste wonderful, you all look lovely in your red white and blue outfits. Thanks for your lovely comments, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...everything looks amazing ...thank you for sharing the joy and for visiting me the other day. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx