Background

Sunday 13 March 2011

Vintage Viewings

If I'm honest, I'm not really a fan of Sundays. Too close to Monday & being back at work. Plus unless it's sunny and spent with friends then it's often chores day. Today is that such day.

Bored of shuffling paperwork & not really achieving very much I decided to see what's on TV. Ahhhh Agatha Christie's Marple, nice bit of easy viewing usually with at least one pice of eye candy, a beautiful and stylish woman with clothes to die for, vintage sports cars and beautiful properties. That and a 1/2 bottle of vino should keep the boredom at bay for a wee bit.

Onto better things, yesterday afternoon I wandered over to Holt and popped into a fabulous little vintage / antique clothing shop called Past Caring. The sad news is that it's closing for the summer, the lovely ladies are after a break & why not. The good news is that there were bargains to be had. I'm a sucker for ball dresses, I already have a 1950's one in eau de nil that wants altering.. sorry Mum but I bought another - this is mesh net again but in pale blue. I think it needs a little something on the bust & the over the shoulder train needs playing with.... oh and I need a Summer ball or two to go to. All minor details.



















I also decided on a late 1950,s / early 60's black Satin evening coat. I thought it might go with a beautiful dress that I got from the lovely Emmie which is about the same period I think. I wore this to the Goodwood Revival last year & wasn't quite as warm as I pretended I was! I did manage to pop on a champagne cloak later though ha ha - much classier than a beer coat!!

Anyway I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and treated yourself to something nice xx

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx