Background

Thursday 17 March 2011

A nice new Shop in Aylsham


Last Saturday my friend Julie opened a gorgeous new shop in Aylsham (on Red Lion Street), Norfolk. Filled with locally sourced goodies mostly handmade things. Great for unusual gifts, gorgeous handmade jewellery (I’m taking about her jewels, I’m much too modest to sing Butterflies & Hurricanes praises) but we so have some nice things displayed there too. She also has bags and dresses made with vintage fabrics to painted T-shirts and baseball boots. Vintage inspired and made products make up lots of the loveliness from teacup candles & cupcakes to up-cycled chairs covered in a resplendent mix of fabrics.






Other reasons to visit Aylsham. Well you really need more that one reason to visit somewhere what with the price of fuel and the carbon footprint to consider.

There is a lovely tearoom called the Tea Rooms or something suitably similar! Good for morning coffee and a cheese scone or homemade cakes yum. A nice clothing boutique called Blossom & Green and a wonderful toy shop with really different toys, gifts and learning games.

It’s worth a browse in the charity shops too, nice for little vintage finds. I purchased a working Singer sewing machine for £12.00 in one and a Day Birger et Mikkelsen black silk dress (brand new) for £15.00.

After a little light shopping and lunch, there’s always Blickling Hall just down the road which has lovely gardens to walk around, tea rooms and the house is pretty impressive too.

Also Holt is just a few miles away with plenty more cute boutiques if the shopping bug has bitten. And that’s where I ended up and bought the ball dress & evening coat from my previous blog – like I needed either. Oops he he xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx