Background

Saturday 28 April 2012

I'm not old, just Vintage!

It was my Birthday on Tuesday but the celebrations started on the Sunday before when I met M and R.  After being lavished with presents & cards and a cheeky G and T we headed into Norwich for Flicks & Lips Vintage Make Up Masterclass.  Well let me tell you, we had a blast.  Three lovely vintage bloggers are the brains (and beauty) behind this.  Check out the Historical Sauces There is another one on May 27th.  Highly recommended.  I have managed reasonable eyeliner twice this week - compared to the usual twice a year!! They must be good.  We laughed and learned loads.  A lovely evening, all set up nicely with excellent attention to detail.  There was a sip & shop afterwards.  Vintage shopping & cocktails - perfecto.  Mr fabulous will be the proud receiver of a lovely cravat.  M & I treated ourselves to bow ties which we intend to make into wrist corsages or hairbands.....
My birthday flowers
We had the gorgeous Gemma teach us tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner - no small task for someone who has a wobbly hand and ends up with it everywhere other than where it should be!! We chatted make up, cakes, cocktails and all sorts..... and ate Jubilee Fancies!
We sipped green-jasmine tea bubbles in bone china teacups from a the teapot below!  A recipe from the Vintage Tea Party book by Angel Adoree.  Yum!  Mr Fabulous is back from his travels tomorrow and I shall be serving up that and a few other cocktails - and recipes too.  

 My gorgeous girlyfriends
 A Salvador Dahli lipstick that was a present - yep it's red.  Fabulous packaging too.
 Can you tell I don't like having my photo taken ha ha!!  That's the beautiful & historic Elm Hill behind me.  
 And we went to the X Bells for mind blowing Bloody Mary's afterwards
Our make up was far from perfect ... but we had a perfectly lovely evening.  

3 comments:

  1. ooh cakes and cocktails.....sounds like a fabulous time was had!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday gorgeous woman!!!! Oh what a wonderful way to celebrate, with a vintage make up session and super-delish cakes and drinks - I love your pics and especially the one with the Dali lipstick!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Investors on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Investors gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx