Background

Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Meets Noddy


It’s been ages since I posted anything. Although I have been super busy, I have managed to have a quick sneaky peak at other people blogs. If they can find the time….

Anyway I have been creating – mostly a mess in my living room!! I have jewellery laid out on the floor (late shop order) ready for ticketing, Christmas decorations overflowing from 3 boxes, presents and various brightly coloured wrappings piled high on the chairs.

Last weekend me and Mummy Butterfly had our first weekend off in ages. We have been doing lots of crafty craft fairs & ladies evenings. We took a trip to London to go to a perfume making workshop & a customising vintage clothes workshop.

We stayed at a wonderful hotel – the Town House in Bethnal Green, it was a special treat to thank mummy for all the help & knitting over the year. Not yet had a chance to count up just how many fabulous scarves she knitted throughout the year, but we sold over 100 in the last couple of fairs which was very nice indeed.

Anyway due to a special offer we ended up with an executive suite at the hotel, very contemporary but fabulous comfortable space. We enjoyed it so much that we cooked in the little kitchen one night. I’m sure that no one else ever does this, but we had been walking round London for 9 hours & we were pooped. Feet up, nice food, rose wine flowing, magazines, good music & plenty of chat & creative ideas. All in all a nice evening. We did manage to pop down to the bar for a couple of cheeky (and scrummy) cocktails too yum!

We tried a few different things like the Museum of Childhood which was just down

the road. I defy anyone to pop in there (it’s free too & has a great restaurant) and not have an awwww I had that toy moment! I saw on of the earliest Noddy toys. I was a huge Noddy fan when I was little, I always wanted his shoes, they were red & rather cute!

Sunday we went to Columbia Road Flower Market. Well if we hadn’t been getting the train home (and already had too much stuff accumulated) then I could have bought all sorts of berry decorations & fluffy cotton plants. So many lovely festive things that would have been fun to decorate my house with. I think this weekend I shall put on my Christmas playlist, drink mulled wine & dance around to Maria Carey All I want for Christmas (I love it!) and put up the crimble decs.

It was uber busy but we still managed to find some fabulous shops. Vintage Heaven sells lots of crockery & homeware. The café at the back is sweet, run by gorgeous super friendly & helpful people. The food & coffee is highly recommended & prices very reasonable.

Another super find was J&B The Shop. Oooh full of vintage homemade yummy things. London prices if you know what I mean, but a little bit of vintage eclectic lushness. I could have wrapped myself in it like a warm comforting duvet.

Anyway this is turning into a marathon ramble. It was supposed to be about the workshops.. will post that one later xxx

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx