Background

Monday 21 June 2010

A little Jackie O influence

Did I mention that I purchased another vintage outfit??? Well this was at the Woodbridge Weekender. The lovely Kathy& team from "My Vintage Wardrobe" had some scrummy delights which I tried to resist. Obviously I failed. I am now the proud owner of a 1960's dress suit which is rather Jackie O and maybe a little Audrey Hepburn oooh I'm dreaming.

The reason for the purchase (other than me having a dress addiction) is that I might have a really exciting spin in a vintage car in a couple of weekends. I'm keeping it a little quiet as it's very much weather permitting & I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Ok, so we can ignore the fact that I have purchased an entire outfit for the event.

Please excuse the photos, the jacket looks rather crumpled in the image. It's really gorgeous though. It's a lovely powdery blue colour & in great condition. The collar of the dress has little fabric bows with lilac faux pearl flower details. Yes I have some vintage clip on earring to match!! I also have some white gloves (is this taking it too far?? - please advise!!).
Yesterday i found some pinky lilac satin shoes - pretty T bar with heels. they were a complete bargain for a pound!! Yes it was a car boot heavenly find. I also snapped up a pair of 80's red & white Charles Jourdan shoes (never worn) for £3 originally over £100 (apparently).

Anyway I just had to share the dress & jacket with you. I was so excited when I tried it on & it fitted - I saw it as fate ha ha - had to have it!!!

Now must do some research on how to have my hair....

oh dear!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx