Background

Thursday 15 April 2010

Burlesque Birthday

I know it's nearly the weekend again (hurrahhhhh), but I wanted to tell you about my last weekend.
I have been fortunate enough to have a brilliant year so far of meeting up with my great friends, but I think this weekend may have been up there with the craziest.

Friday evening was an amazing black tie dinner to which I wore a beautiful black vintage lace shift dress with a sateen bow on the shoulder. Thank you to Emmie who I purchased this dress from, it was perfect for the occasion.


Anyway Saturday night was my gorgeous friend Linda's Birthday so we dashed off to London to meet up with 14 of our closest & silliest friends. We had planned a dinner with entertainment at the Brickhouse on Brick Lane. Everyone knew it was Burlesque entertainment, much to all the guys delight. But it wasn't until we arrived that we remembered that it was drag burlesque! ooops, it was a genuine memory lapse as we had viewed so many websites for ideas!! I now know that my brother is a prude (ha ha) his girlfriend is a bigger burlesque fan than me (I thought impossible) and G just can't handle situations like that he he. It was such a brilliant show, funny, great dancing, high kicks like you can't believe and some serious spangly outfits. Highly recommended. Oh and there's no stripping in case you have any faint hearted friends like I do. I thought these male chums of mine were made of stronger stuff ;-)

next is to plan another trip to Birdcage in Manchester, I can' t wait xxx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog re handwriting. Re this post, it must have been wonderful to watch the reactions of others. Love the word "spangly", it just says it all.........

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx