Background

Wednesday 15 September 2010

A Hall of a Party!!

Boom boom, apologies for the naff attempt at a joke.

Well the real joke is that I don’t have any Butterflies & Hurricanes events in September, yet it is my busiest month this year. How does that happen? Well it might have something to do with the social events that arrived this month. Last weekend was the Think Pink Ball at Colney Hall, Norwich. Organised by my lovely friend Ruth & many other talented lovelies. It was a fabulous evening followed by horrendous hangovers. I blame the pink champagne which was a little too nice.











My dress was a Florence & Fred (from last Christmas time) party dress. Yep I decided not to post the horrid picture of me - anyway it didn't show the skirt part of the dress!! :-P

Rough price was £30. I simply customised it by pinching the fabric up and stitching it in place with Victorian sparkly glass buttons. The net underskirt was handmade (if I’m honest had it made to order through Ebay!!)& adds a cheeky blast of colour. Easy peasy and It’s had lots of nice comments.











The previous weekend I haven’t even blogged about – I was awaiting photos, which incidentally I still don’t have. A picture is worth a thousand words – especially when I’m writing ha ha. Another fantastic party at a Hall outside Norwich, another Champagne reception, posh frocks - there’s definitely a pattern forming! Well since I don’t have the photos, I can’t embarrass myself with squiffy shots of me hugging all my new best friends. Yep I was more than a little tipsy and was found curled up on the sofa with my Daddy at 3am. He wasn’t asleep and therefore far more hardcore than me! I can however show you photos of … yep you guessed it, a vintage dress!!!! This is one of Mummy Butterflies makes back in the day. I had my eye on it before I was big enough to fit into it, must have been the sparkly magpie bits!

This weekend I’m being spoilt again oops! Off to Goodwood Revival – well I missed the Vintage at Goodwood, so I kinda deserve to go he he J. If you’re not sick of my dress postings then I will put up some photos next week. Ooh I can’t wait!!!

So we have concluded that I’m still addicted to pretty dresses and am a sucker for a party or vintage event.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, plus it reminds me that someone other than my mummy is actually reading my blog!!! he he xx